earn a promotion at work? The information below explains how to show it on your LinkedIn profile. Congratulations on getting that job promotion! Once you’ve finished celebrating with your loved ones, don’t forget to update your LinkedIn profile with the promotion. It allows you to show potential employers, clients, and connections how far advanced in your career you are.
This is a great way to market yourself and make a name for yourself in your industry. Recruiters are continually seeking candidates who have proved their commitment in the past, particularly in a time when it is becoming more challenging to retain personnel. Here is information on how to add your promotion to LinkedIn.
How to Add a Job Promotion on LinkedIn
Mentioning your promotion is one of the best ways to increase engagement on LinkedIn because your connections may want to congratulate you on achieving your goal. Since the processes for adding your promotion to your LinkedIn account are essentially identical for both the desktop website and the mobile app, you shouldn’t experience any problems utilizing either.
- To access your LinkedIn profile, click the image of your profile on the home page.
- After selecting Add position and pressing the + Add button, go down to the Experience section.
- While filling out the form, make sure to include your new work title, employment type, employer name, location, starting date, and the checkbox that reads “I’m now employed in this position.”
- Make sure the company name is correct by checking it twice. Ideally, a drop-down menu will allow you to select the logo of your business. LinkedIn may send you a notice along these lines; click Yes if it’s accurate.
- To end the current position, check the box next to it. This suggests that you are leaving your current position and beginning a new one at your company.
- Pick the position that pertains to the company where you obtained a promotion when holding several positions.
Click Finish to finish. You’ll see a pop-up informing you that your new position has been added. Click Next if you want to publish this story to your network; otherwise, click Skip. After completion, your profile will appear much like this. Now I’m done! Your promotion has been added as of right now. You can change it later if you want to add more details. In any case, this is an excellent method of self-promotion on LinkedIn.
Job Promotion on LinkedIn
It’s critical to keep your LinkedIn profile updated as you develop in your career. You can come back later to update your profile and add a summary that emphasizes your responsibilities, accomplishments, challenges, and lessons learned in your new position.