Apple’s AirPods are for accepting phone calls and listening to music, but you might not be aware of how to connect your Apple AirPods to a Windows or Mac laptop. Many contemporary laptops you may already be aware of how helpful Apple products, including wireless earbuds and desktops, including Mac and PC models, have Bluetooth built-in, allowing you to pair Apple AirPods with them. This means that any consumer electronics device, including your home computer, may be utilized with AirPods. Here are the instructions for connecting your Apple AirPods to a Windows computer or your Mac.
Mac OS AirPods Connection
Because Apple AirPods are built into Apple hardware, using them with a Mac will enable features like Siri navigation. The computer will probably recognize the AirPods and connect them to the AirPods with a single simple button press in the audio menu if your Mac and iPhone are both signed into the same Apple ID. When receiving a phone call, this capability can also be utilized to automatically switch the audio connection.
How to Attach an Apple AirPods to a Mac in Steps
If not, pair them manually by following the instructions provided by Apple support.
- On your Mac, click Bluetooth after selecting System Settings from the Apple devices menu
- Verify that Bluetooth is turned on.
- Insert the charging case’s lid after placing both AirPods inside.
- When the status light on the back of the case starts to flash white, press and hold the
- setup button, which is a circular button, for a short period
- Click Connect after selecting your AirPods from the Devices list.
Apple states that the new second generation of AirPods Pro requires the latest version of the OS in order to sync properly with other Apple devices and all Bluetooth device features, so if you’re having issues and can’t connect AirPods to your Mac, you may need to update to the most recent version of Mac OS.
Using Apple AirPods with a Windows computer
Bluetooth connectivity is supported by all current versions of Windows PC, and your laptop probably has a compatible antenna as well. Your PC can connect to your AirPods, but it won’t have access to Apple’s extra features; instead, it will function just like any other wireless audio device.
How to Connect Apple AirPods to a Windows Laptop in 3 Easy Steps
According to Microsoft support, here’s how to connect AirPods to Windows 10 and link Bluetooth audio devices:
- Verify that Bluetooth is activated. Turn on Bluetooth by selecting Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices. There’s probably a shortcut for this step in the notification tab on the taskbar’s lower right.
- Activate Bluetooth on your audio device and enable discovery. This entails putting the AirPods in the charging case while maintaining pressure on the setup button.
- Click Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices on your computer. Add another device or Bluetooth over. Select the device, adhere to any additional instructions that may show up, then click Done.
- As long as Bluetooth is enabled on both devices, your AirPods and PC will often automatically connect whenever they are within range of one another.
The procedure differs somewhat in Windows 11’s more recent version:
- Make your Bluetooth device discoverable by turning it on. Once more, hold down the setup button on your AirPods charging case while you press and hold the earphones.
- On your computer, click the Network, Sound, or Battery icons to the right of the time and date in the taskbar.
- On the Bluetooth quick setting, click Manage Bluetooth devices. Then, click Your device under Not paired.
- Comply with any extra pairing instructions that may appea