Here’s how to add a Discord profile widget that shows your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 gaming activity. The option to link your account to other services so that your friends can see what you’re doing while you’re not talking is one of Discord’s best features.
How to Integrate PSN with Discord
Every platform that Discord supports, including Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS, has PSN integration built in. However, because it’s being implemented gradually, you might discover that the process isn’t right now accessible to you. Wait a few days and try again if that is the case. Follow these procedures to link your PSN account to Discord:
One such integration of Discord is PlayStation Network. This will display both your PSN account and your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 game on your Discord profile.
Here’s how to connect your Discord account to the PlayStation Network.
- In Discord, choose User Settings from the drop-down menu. The cog icon on the desktop represents it. On your phone, swipe right and tap the profile photo.
- Choose Connections from the menu. On a smartphone, press Add as well.
- Choose the PlayStation Network icon from the list of available symbols.
- This launches a fresh browser tab with the Sony website. Please log in if you haven’t done so before. If you want to let Discord access your PSN data, click Accept.
- Once it’s done, you’ll see a notification that reads, “Connected your PlayStation Network account to Discord.”
- After then, the browser window can be shut.
How to Customize the PSN Integration in Discord
After linking your PSN account, go back to the Connections page in Discord. You should see your PSN profile mentioned. Display as your status on PlayStation Network and Display on profile are both by default turned on. The former updates your Discord profile with a link to your PSN profile. The latter displays the PS4 or PS5 game you’re playing as your Discord status.
If the PlayStation game you’re playing doesn’t appear in your Discord status, you need to adjust your PSN privacy settings. On the PlayStation 4, go to Settings > Account Management > Privacy Settings > Personal Information.
On the PS5, navigate to Settings > Users and Accounts > Privacy > View and Customize Your Privacy Settings to view and modify your privacy settings. Once you get there, change Now Playing and Online Status to Anyone. Your Discord status will be updated immediately with the new information.